Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 7, 2012

50 Shades of . . . Eric Erdman?

Hey, y'all!  So I hope I have garnered some attention with the title of this blog!  Who is Eric Erdman, you ask?  He is a singer/songwriter from Mobile, Alabama. (D.I.P. baby!)  His first solo album is about to drop on June 21st and I couldn't be more excited about it.

The other part of this blog title comes from the extremely popular book 50 Shades of Grey.  If you haven't heard of this book, I encourage you to research it.  It is the first in a trilogy from author E.L. James.  I have read all three books and am currently in the process of re-reading them.

So what do Eric Erdman and 50 Shades of Grey have in common?  Absolutely nothing.  But there is a song on Eric's new album that reminds ME of one part of the book.  The name of the song is "Nothing Personal". I don't claim to know what or who Eric wrote the song about, but I relate it to the book.  Specifically, the first verse.  You can listen to the song here:

http://www.reverbnation.com/ericerdman#!/artist/artist_songs/2560238

Those of you that have read the book are familiar with the contract that Christian Grey wants Anastasia Steele to sign.  And if you just listened to the song then you see how it sort of ties together.  Here are the words to the first verse:

It was written in Aerial Bold, 20 point, double spaced font
Signed and notarized
Little room for misunderstanding
What else did she want
Surprising she'd act surprised
It was supposed to be
Two people together tonight
And that was all
He knew exactly what he said
She knew exactly what he meant
Nothing personal
Nothing personal, he'll never let her in
Nothing personal, but with him nothing ever is

Ironic, right?  I love this man's music and I love that I have found a song that I can relate to this book.  Every time I listen to this song I can see the scenes of the book played out like a movie.  I LOVE IT!  I know several people that are reading or have read this book and I thought it would be cool to share this with them.  Let me know what you think!

Laters, baby.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment