Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

All Things Fall

Hey, y'all!  This post is long overdue but I'm finally ready to talk about one of my favorite things... FALL FASHION! 

As I mentioned in my earlier post entitled "Fall Fashion Preview", the big color for this season is burgandy.  Or wine.  Or oxblood.  Or whatever you want to call it.  But you know what I'm talking about, right?  I love this color and I always have.  It is, in my opinion, a staple color for every Fall season.  I created a few outfits on Polyvore as an example of how I would incorporate this color in an outfit.

The above look pairs a chambray oxford style shirt with colored denim "skinnies".  Add a thin leopard belt, nude booties that feature a studded heel and a black quilted leather handbag and you get a look that has great texture to it.  All the gold accents really showcase the richness of the color and gives the look a rock 'n roll vibe, as evidenced by the skulls on the bracelet.  I really love this look.

If you prefer a more classic look, this example is probably more suited to your tastes.  The dark boot cut jeans are flattering to every shape and the cream blazer really gives it a sharp finishing touch.  The color is incorporated through the blouse which features ruching at the neckline and bands at the wrists.  The wedge peep-toe loafers offer a touch of comfort and the handbag is the ultimate in luxury.  I tend to gravitate toward the big over-sized gold watches but I thought this thin black-faced Gucci enhanced the classiness of this outfit.  As does the monogram ring and the chain-link bracelet.  This is the perfect outfit to wear when going to dinner with friends.

Ok, let's talk about shoes.  I am LOVING these! --->

I found the image on Pinterest but have not been able to find the actual shoes so I can purchase them.  I think these would look great with rolled up boyfriend jeans, a loose-fitting coral v-neck tee and a black blazer with 3/4 sleeves.  Think structured comfort, if you will.  That's not an oxymoron, is it? 

This style of shoe is called many things - brouges, oxfords, loafers, etc.  I don't care what you call it.  All I know is I absolutely love the look of "menswear" on women. 

Here are some more examples of this style of shoe:









A heeled style . . .










A classic neutral . . .












Fun and flirty two-toned . . .


How would you wear these styles?  Leave me a comment - I would love to hear from every one of you!

That's a wrap on this installment.  I have an idea brewing for my next post - and it's especially for you D.I.P ladies so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment