Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 23, 2012

I Should Get Paid To Do This... Maybe

Last night was Baker High School's homecoming dance and I had the honor of doing my nieces' hair and makeup.  I had a fantastic time doing it and I'm proud of how they turned out so I am sharing it with you.

I will start with Lauren - only because she is the oldest.  (Lily hates it when I say that.)

She wore a red one-shouldered dress with ruching down the front and back.  She accessorized with black jewelry consisting of a bangle bracelet, a pear-shaped sparkly ring, and chandelier filagree earrings enhanced with red stones.  Her shoes were sparkly black pumps.  As for her hair and makeup, I had envisioned a sort of old Hollywood glamour look for her so I knew that dramatic eyeliner and a red lip would be perfect.  And I was right!  Her makeup turned out fantastic!  I started with the eyeliner, giving her a thick, black cat-eye look.  The rest of the eye was finished out with a neutral color shadow and black mascara.  And it was all finished off with the red lips.  Oh yeah - and I painted her nails using a black polish that had a shimmer effect to it.
For her hair, I did a braid-wrapped bun and sideswept bangs with a few wispy tendrils loose on each side.  I think it turned out beautiful.

And now for Lily...
Pictures do not do her dress justice.  It is a teal blue jersey dress with black matte sequins all over it.  She accessorized with a black leather wrap charm bracelet, a multi-faceted black dome ring, and black wire pendant-dangle earrings that matched the bracelet.  Her shoes were black leather pumps that had chains around the heel - very cool.  For her makeup, I started with a gold eyeshadow from brow to lash.  I lined the whole eye with teal green liner and then filled in the lid with gold eyeliner.  The eyes were finished off with black mascara and I used a nude lipstick to complete her look.

For Lily's hair, I wanted to try a beachy wave which I think turned out great.  I achieved this look by twisting sections of her hair and running a flat iron over them.  Then, I took the front section of her hair and twisted it, adding in sections along the way, and secured it with a bobby pin.  The end result was a beachy sort of mermaid look.  I loved it!
I think the girls' were happy with their looks.  They had a great time at the dance and now I can't wait until the next one! 

Here are some more pictures:
Stay tuned for the next installement!

No comments:

Post a Comment