Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 18, 2011

A great documentary and some must-reads . . .

Hey, y'all!  I wanted to mention a few things real quick . . .

My VFSIL (Very Fashionable Sister-In-Law) called my attention to a great documentary that is on Netflix right now.  The September Issue is about Vogue fashion magazine's process surrounding the publication of the September issue - hence the name of the documentary.  :)  It not only follows the process from the ideas to the actual shoots but it also gives you a sneak peak inside the life of Anna Wintour, Vogue's Editor-In-Chief.  She is the single most important woman in fashion according to . . . well, everyone!  It is a great documentary and I recommend that every fashionista should watch it!

Secondly, my VFF (Very Fashionable Friend) reminded me of a series of books that are among my favorites.  The Shopaholic Series by Sophie Kinsella is some of the most hilarious books I have read!  The first book in the series, Confessions of a Shopaholic, introduces you to Rebecca Bloomwood.  She is the main character in each of the books.  I can tell you that the situations she gets herself in and the way she deals with them will make you laugh out loud!  Some of you may remember the movie by the same name that came out a few years ago.  It DOES NOT do the series justice!  You have to read the books!  You can get the full run-down on Sophie Kinsella's website, http://www.sophiekinsella.co.uk/.  She has also written other books under a different name and I have enjoyed those as well.

Lastly, I was lucky enough to experience some fresh, young musical talent on Friday night.  I was at a local italian restaurant, Gambino Bros., enjoying the food and karoake when a young man took the stage.  He sang a song he had written himself and it was awesome!  I don't know if he is the composer of the music that accompanied the song but if he is, this guy is multi-talented.  His name is Sutton Steele and he is a teenager that attends Theodore High School.  I am told that he will be performing at BayFest this year so you guys that are attending need to check him out.  I also want to give a shout out to my niece, Lauren Little, who is the reason I was at Gambino Bros.  She sang Adele's Rolling In the Deep and she killed it!  Good job, Lauren!  Now go do some homework.  :)

That's all, fashionista's!  I hope y'all have a great week!

1 comment: