Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Port City Rising - Part I

Hey, y'all!  I just wanted to post real quick about a fab musical event that I'm attending tonight.  You may or may not have heard about Port City Rising.  It's a songwriter's showcase featuring local Mobile talent.  This event has been organized by Eric Erdman of The Ugli Stick, who is my favorite musician of all time.  The event is taking place at the Joe Jefferson Playhouse in midtown.  This is a small 300-seat venue so I'm especially excited to be able to experience the music in an intimate surrounding.  I have been a fan of The Ugli Stick since its inception and I can't express how proud I am of my friend Eric and the success that he has enjoyed.  He is a truly talented man and I am so excited to see this showcase tonight!  Other's that are invloved include Ross Newell of Hamelin, Ryan Balthrop of Loose Cannons, Les Hall of Phar Fletcher, Wes Loper, Heath Underwood of El Cantador, Josh Ewing of Top of the Orange, and Gregg Fells.  I hope to see some of you there tonight!  I plan on posting about this event again tomorrow so I can make all of you jealous that aren't attending!  Thanks, y'all!

2 comments: