Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 23, 2011

Port City Rising - Part II

Port City Rising was a success!  As I sat there in my seat watching these awesome musicians sing and play their instruments, I was moved.  I felt it from the bottom of my feet to the top of my head.  My emotions ran the gamut from happy and overwhelmed to sadness and heartache.  These guys put their hearts and souls in each song that was performed and they made you feel it.  That, my friends, is the measure of a great musician.  This was my first time to see and hear most of these guys but I can tell you it won't be my last. 

Eric Erdman (Ugli Stick) is fantastic.  That word doesn't do justice to him, but that's the one I'm using.  Every time I hear him I am reminded why I love him like I do.  It's true that I'm partial to him because I do actually know him, but I would love him even if I didn't know him.  The timbre of his voice, the way he plays his guitar, his excitement about the music he is playing . . . it is an experience.  Each and every time I see him, he motivates me.  He gives me the feeling that I want to be doing what he is doing.  It's magic.

Here are a few photos and videos from last night.  I took them with my iPhone so they suck.  One of these days I'm going to remember to take my camera with me!

This is Eric performing Alabama Moon.  The other voice you hear in the chorus is Ross Newell who is amazing in his own right.  I love this song!!


I'm not sure what the actual name of this song is but I call it Bird On A Power Line.  And I love it!!


This is a photo of the first set.  From left to right:  Wes Loper, Josh Ewing (Top Of The Orange), Heath Underwood (El Cantador), Gregg Fells.


This is the second set:  Eric Erdman (Ugli Stick), Les Hall (Phar Fletcher), Ryan Balthrop (Bowlin' Buddies), Ross Newell (Hamelin).


That's it, y'all.  It was an amazing night for me . . . and anyone else that attended.  Bring on Port City Rising II!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice , I love them already ! Homegrown ! Yea I use my i phone too I want a Canon Rebel badly ! I think I may get it around X- mas time or black Friday. My kids already think I am the paparazzi with the I phone they have seen nothing as of yet !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki,
    I posted a link to this blog on facebook where other folks could see what they missed. :)

    ReplyDelete